If you’ve treated yourself to a set of our premium Make Up Brushes, you now need to know how to care for these babies. Completely cruelty free, vegan friendly and anti-bacterial our brushes are of the highest quality so we recommend committing to regular cleaning to not only keep them in tip top condition, but also to combat any nasties hiding beneath the bristles, ready to break you out!
From product build up to dead skin cells your brushes can harbour a lot of secrets so it’s super important to give them some TLC. It may seem time consuming but in five simple steps your brushes will be squeaky clean and ready to slay. Read on for our best Make Up Brush care tips…
The first hurdle is committing yourself to regular cleaning. There really is no hard and fast rule, but generally speaking your face brushes require more regular cleaning than others. Aim to ensure you clean your facial brushes once a week and at least once a month for all other brushes. If you have particularly sensitive eyes it might be worth washing these once a week also. Much like days in between when you need a dusting of dry shampoo, keep your brushes fresh with a spritz of brush cleanser between washes.
What you will need:
- Luke-warm water
- A sponge
- Baby shampoo/gentle antibacterial soap
The complete step by step:
- Begin by wetting your brushes, but be careful not to wet above the brush handle as this can compromise the glue, causing brush hairs to become loose and shed.
- Next, using luke-warm water, dampen your sponge adding a squirt of baby shampoo or antibacterial soap. Ensure just the smallest amount so as not to overload the brush bristles.
- Swirl your brush on the sponge in a circular motion working up a good lather to remove all built up product.
- Next, using luke-warm water, rinse your brush to remove all the surplus shampoo or soap. Rub gently, massaging the bristles to clean thoroughly.
- Squeeze out the excess water from your brush and lay flat to dry on a clean towel. Repeat across each of your brushes.
And that’s it! Five simple steps to squeaky clean brushes!
Love SOSU by SJ